Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TOMORROW

I figured I would start this blogging experience off with a "re-post" of sorts. Please enjoy an email I sent out to family and friends on August 24th......

Tomorrow, August 25th 2009, marks the end of a wonderful summer for my boys and our family. Tomorrow marks the beginning of another school year. Tomorrow also marks TWO YEARS that B has been off treatment and CANCER FREE!!! What a great day that tomorrow will be don’t you think?? And of course, why wait? Let’s celebrate TOMORROW- TODAY and everyday!!!

When I was told B had leukemia I have to admit that although I was completely shocked and devastated and confused, I never believed that tomorrow wouldn’t come. I don’t know why- but it just didn’t enter my mind. Don’t get me wrong- during those 3+ years of treatment I definitely had my days of worry and fear and the crazy thoughts of the unknown, but on that diagnosis day I just always knew tomorrow would come. And so far it has. However, we don’t take tomorrow for granted….. and NEVER will. Because we have known others just like B that never got another tomorrow here on earth and parents who never got another tomorrow with their child. So- please join us in celebrating B’s tomorrow and pray with us that tomorrow continues for years and years to come.

We pray that your TOMORROW is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment