Friday, January 15, 2010

Thoughts for the New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
The holidays have wizzed by and the new year has started off rather quickly, too! We've been busy enjoying our time together and its been way too long since I've blogged.

I'd like to start off the new year with a very important thought of mine....
My husband is an awesome man.

I don't have any specific reason for saying so other than its just the plain 'ol truth. He hasn't done anything particulary special or out of the ordinary lately, but I could say these things on any given day. He is wonderful not only for the man that he is and wants to be, but he is wonderful because of who he makes ME. God chose such a perfect man to take my hand and walk with me through life.     -Love you!

A few days ago (before I planned to write this blog entry and brag a little bit about my husband) I made a post on my facebook page quoting a Christian song. It said "This is your life, are you who you want to be?.... This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be?"

I am exactly who I want to be and where I want to be. I couldn't have dreamed a better dream. Things aren't "perfect" and Lord knows I'm not perfect!, but they are "perfectly imperfect" and exactly the way they should be. I know this could all change tomorrow- but I believe that because we have each other TODAY, love each other TODAY, and are happy with TODAY that tomorrow will work itself out, come what may.

25 comments:

  1. Am so thankful that the Lord brought your husband into your life!
    Praying!
    Psalm 9:9-10: The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm on FB, too. Look up momx7kids@gmail.com if you want to be friends on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to let you know I'm still praying!
    Psalms 39:12-13 Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were. O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you're having a really special day! Did you do anything special?
    Lifting up prayers right now!
    Psalms 37:23-24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how was your birthday? Hope you had a great time!
    Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 37:39-40 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  6. Continuing to lift up prayers!
    Psalm 91:1-2, 4: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust...He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying right now!
    Psalm 91:11-12 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying as always!
    Psalm 61:1-4: Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep your eyes on the Lord, He's always there for you! Praying!
    Psalm 62:1-2: Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for your family right now.
    Psalm 62:5-8 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  11. Know that I'm praying!
    Psalm 121:1-4: I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  12. Know that I'm continuing to pray!
    John 14:1-3: Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  13. First grandson of the year is here! Two more grand babies to come! I'm so excited! I'm so very blessed!
    Know that I'm still here praying!
    Psalms 40:1-4 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always praying in Seattle!
    I Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  15. Continuing to pray!
    Romans 8:15-18 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Lord is there with you, whatever you have to face! Praying!
    II Samuel 22:29-33 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  17. Know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalm 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying as always!
    Romans 11:33-36 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  19. Know that I'm praying!
    I Peter 1:6-9 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praying for you in Seattle!
    Psalm 71:5-8; For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth. By thee have I been holden up from the womb: thou art he that took me out of my mother's bowels: my praise shall be continually of thee. I am as a wonder unto many; but thou art my strong refuge. Let my mouth be filled with thy praise and with thy honour all the day.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lifting up prayers!
    Psalms 28:8-9 The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  22. Praying!
    Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  23. Praying as always!
    Psalm 34:19-20, 22 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all. He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken...The LORD redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  24. Praying in Seattle!
    Romans 8:18: For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  25. He died that we might live. Praying!
    Isaiah 53:6-8 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete