Saturday, May 22, 2010

Birthday Kings and Brothers

Summer is almost here and we can't wait! We get so busy and although we love all that we're involved in, its hard to keep up sometimes. It will be nice to slow down for a little while!

B recently turned NINE years old! He had his most exciting birthday party to date (according to him). It was fun watching him interact with all his friends. He's growing up so fast!!

Recent Big B quotes:
For birthdays we always try to make the day very special! The kids get birthday notes hidden to find when they wake up, get lunch at school, get to choose dinner that night, etc etc. Well.... when asking B what he wanted to eat when I picked him up from school he quickly replied- "Mom, we should go to Outback. You like Outback." I reminded him it didn't matter what I liked and that he should choose where HE wanted to go because it was his special day. His answer?... "Mom, there's no need to treat me like a King. Its just my birthday."
We did end up at HIS favorite restaurant by the way!

**names changed below to protect identity of classmates! ;) **
On the way home from school the other day B hopped into the car and proclaimed that "Bridgette likes Jason!" Like loves likes!!!" I was amused at the look of disgust on his face and so thrilled that he hasn't taken to the "liking" thing just yet and asked.... well who likes B? He gave me another look that only my child can give and said- "NOBODY!" But, just seconds later quietly said.... "Well- there is somebody. Actually at least three people." I thought.... oh no- here we go!!! I hesitated before asking again- who?!  And my sweet sweet boy quickly announces (with the biggest smile on his face).... MY BROTHER!!!

LOVE HIM!!!

Will update soon with all the recent happenings, but enjoy some pictures of "brotherly love"...





3 comments:

  1. Oh Sarah. How'd you grow them so sweet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe that he's 9 already! And what a great big brother he is!
    Lifting up prayer right now!
    Isaiah 63:7-9: I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses. For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour. In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure, Sheri. Don't think I can take the credit... (or maybe I just should and then say Thanks!) :)
    And yes Lynn- its not just the cute pictures- he is an AWESOME big brother if ever there was one!!!!

    ReplyDelete