Thursday, June 17, 2010

The cutest thing in pads


Summer is in full swing. The heat is a good indicator of course, but so are the fun activities! Big B is participating in his first lacrosse camp this week. He's the cutest thing in pads I've ever seen!!! It has been EXTREMELY hot in all those pads, but he has LOVED it! I would have typically said that he is quite sensitive to the heat and couldn't handle it well, but he has done really great out there. He takes his water breaks as quickly as he can and runs back out to the field before the coaches even blow the whistle. Its his pesky mom that keeps trying to hold him back and make sure he's getting enough fluids and rest. I mean, its not like the kid is getting over pneumonia or anything!!!

                             -side note-
           I didn't ever get around to posting, but B came down with pneumonia about 2 1/2 wks ago. He got antibiotic shots for a few days and then had oral antibiotics and is finally doing well. His chest x-ray this past Friday showed it was slowly resolving and the doctor says that he should be fully recovered within the month. But- it doesn't seem to be holding him back!

The kiddos have also been swimming several times. B starts lessons again next week, (postponed due to illness earlier)- and I'm thinking about putting Baby G in lessons, too. That kid can't get enough of the water!!! He can't get enough of most things it seems.... he's into EVERYTHING. His latest acheivement is climbing over the baby gate that blocks off his brother's room and mounds of Legos! He keeps me busy for sure! It won't be long before he's out there in pads on the lacrosse field with Big Brother and I bet he'll be just as adorable!!!






2 comments:

  1. I know a lot about a lot of sports but don't know a thing about lacrosse. Can't figure out what's even going on? how did he get interested in that of all sports?
    Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
    Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby played lacrosse in highschool and after. Up until Baby G was born he coached at a local highschool. Was pretty darn good (as a player and a coach). B has been interested for a long time and has played in the back yard for several years, but we finally thought it was time to do the "organized/real" thing. It was something I didn't know much about either, but wasn't too hard to pick up on. I love it now!

    ReplyDelete