Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Summer of Accomplishments

My sweet husband has dubbed this summer "the summer of accomplishments." He was mainly referring to Big B and his new-found ability to swim and ride a bike this summer. Let's say he has 'perfected' both skills in the last month. He was somewhat able to swim and ride before, but had no confidence and didn't want to unless he was forced! Now he is truly enjoying our family bike rides and pool days and is begging to do both whenever we can.

Baby G is also accomplishing a lot, but I guess it goes a little less noticed. Climbing on everything in site, entertaining himself for longer periods of time, attempting a few more words, trying to feed himself with utensils, putting himself to sleep (this is a HUGE one for him!), and just growing in every sense of the word. His accomplishments are a little less obvious because he is such an independent little guy and its all or nothing with him- I almost expect him to do things before he does! But- some days we watch him and think.... he wasn't doing that a few days ago!

Last, but not least, the other big accomplishment for the summer is buying a new (to us) house. Its been in the works for a little bit, but you never know with these things so we've just been in waiting mode for confirmation. But- its all but a done deal now and we are so excited. It will be a huge change for us and the boys, but a great one I'm sure. New neighborhood, new schools, new sports teams, etc. I'm not a huge fan of all that new stuff and its easier for me to just stay in my comfort zone but I know this will be wonderful if I allow it to be. God is placing all the pieces together and for that we are thankful.

So- here's to the summer of accomplishments and a life time of many more!!!

8 comments:

  1. Moved from CA to WA...not that great with change...but I survived. Think of it as an adventure! You can do this!
    Know that I'm still here praying!
    Psalm 31:19-21 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence...thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion...Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such amazing and comforting words of Scripture. Praying!
    Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifting up prayers!
    Psalms 142:5-7 I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise thy name: the righteous shall compass me about; for thou shalt deal bountifully with me.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  4. What comfort these words give! Praying!
    John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always here praying!
    2 Corinthians 1:3-5 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still praying in Seattle!
    Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying in Seattle as always!
    Isaiah 25:8-9 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  8. Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalms 91:1-2 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete