Monday, December 13, 2010

21 weeks, 21 months, and 21 times better

Howdy friends!
Its all about the number TWENTY-ONE!
Today I am 21 weeks pregnant, Doodlebug is 21 months old, and I'd venture to say that life is at least 21 times better with Big Brother around!

The little lady-
She's been growing for exactly 21 weeks now. She measures in at 13oz as of a few days ago. She moves all the time- especially at night. Her favorite position is with her little hand above her head- we've seen her this way the last three times we've gotten to peak at her. We had a special ultrasound done last week because the last one didn't show adequate views of her heart and facial features. This was a "level 2" ultrasound and they managed to see everything they needed to this time. The tech said her heart and face are BEAUTIFUL. I'd have to agree, having seen them myself, and I can't wait to see her little face in person instead of on the monitor! We bought her a few onsies last week, mainly purple and a couple brown ones with flowers. I'm sure the pink will filter in soon! Her future nursery is getting cleaned and organized and eventually we'll get to painting. 19 weeks (give or take) and we'll meet our little princess. She's been given a name, but for blogging purposes we will call her "Lucky." It doesn't sound too girly now that I write it, so if I come up with something else I'll be sure to let you know!

Our little toddler-
Baby G is a 21 month bundle of energy!!! Right now he is totally stuck on Momma and doesn't want much to do with anyone else. I LOVE the extra cuddle time, but I wouldn't mind if someone else could share it every once in awhile, too. He is beginning to enjoy school, but has yet to really open up. They're in for a real awakening when he finally shows his true self! For 3 nights in a row he has been sleeping in his own room in his own big boy bed. The transition has gone relatively smoothly and I hope it continues. We are very proud of him! Little man wants to do EVERYTHING himself. Even things he can't. He feeds himself very well, but also thinks he can get into his own highchair, dress himself, buckle his own car seat, tie his own shoes, and many other things he isn't quite ready for. We should have named him Mr. Independent. We went to visit Santa the other day and while he didn't cry, he wasn't really comfortable with the jolly 'ol man by any means. He likes hot chocolate, though- which according to him is called "spice." Its about the cutest thing I've ever heard come out of his mouth. He loves to sing Christmas and church songs and likes to dance to them even more. He is also starting to like Elmo, so brother is getting him one that laughs for Christmas. I can't wait to watch him experience Christmas this year!




































Our big guy-
I made his title "21 times better" because he makes our lives better- that's for sure. I probably could have also said "thinks he's 21 years old" though, too. Big B is growing up way too fast. While he needs his own space and own time, luckily he is still a huge help with his little brother and just in general. He has had many projects at school lately and while they take a ton of time, he enjoys them and I enjoy helping him. He has signed up for a soccer camp just before Christmas and is so glad to finally be getting back to his favorite sport! He is mighty fond of many holiday foods/drinks right now including the Chick-fil-A peppermint chocolate milkshake, the holiday spice hot chocolate from Sonic, and his very favorite-- Egg Nog! He recently told me I "went overboard" with the things I bought for his little sister which made me laugh for quite awhile. He has no idea what he's in store for.... the monogramming has yet to begin! He loves to be in front of the video camera, but always acts extremely silly when the red light is on- so I don't have much video of him just being him. Maybe I'll get it when he's actually 21!









3 comments:

  1. You've had 3 ultrasounds already? That's a lot! Good to know that everything looks good, though! The last u/s I saw was a 3D and Benny had his right hand up by his right ear the whole time. He did that for a long time after he was born, too! So funny! And oh did he have chubby cheeks!
    Praying in Seattle!
    Psalms 62:5-7 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lifting up prayers!
    Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying!
    Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete