Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas memories


Christmas was wonderful again this year. The whole holiday season seemed a little less like the typical commercialized idea of Christmas with "Snowmen and Santa" and more about just enjoying time together as a family.... and about the birthday of God's son of course. 


We went to look at Christmas lights and "carol" from the back of Grampa's truck a few days before Christmas as we have for the passed 4 years or so. Doodlebug LOVED the lights! He kept pointing and screaming "IGHTS (silent L of course)" every time he saw a house with lights, which happened quite often considering the neighborhood we drive through is known for them!

The 23rd I took a quick trip to the ER just to keep everyone I know on their toes, but all checked out a.o.k and we are none worse for the wear.

Christmas Eve the boys all went over to see hubby's side of the family early in the morning while I rested. We spent the rest of the day with my side of the family and even stayed over at Grampa's and Gramma's that night. We have always followed the Swedish tradition and exchanged gifts that night. Many wonderful memories were made as always. My favorite was the admiration and COMPLETE and total appreciation from my brother for his gift from our family. Because the gift wasn't really even for him. Well, it was... but it was a gift that he could GIVE to someone else. We got him "hope dollars" to spend through Global Hope Network International (GHNI) to help others in need. He gets to choose where the money is used and how he disperses it. He was sincerely thankful that we knew he would appreciate that kind of gift and that we assisted his ability to give unto others. I am so glad we thought of it for him and that he liked it. What an awesome man he is... but I already knew that!

Christmas morning the little guy slipped (thanks to his cute reindeer slippers I guess) and busted both lips- but a few Mommy hugs, and a little ice and he was good as new. I can't say the same for my previously white shirt. Slight miscommunication with Big B's daddy ended up with him traveling to my aunt's house with us, but still getting back in time to spend time with dad and his siblings. Double the fun.

We ended our Christmas celebrations with the hubby's sisters and kids. Lots of kids, lots of noise, and lots of fun! We hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday season as well.








10 comments:

  1. Okay, you're allowed ONE scare and that's it! No more! Behave yourself from now on!
    Continuing to pray!
    Psalm 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your eyes on the only true source of peace and strength. Praying!
    Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd better still be behaving yourself!
    Jesus is speaking these words to us still today! Praying!
    John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  4. Continuing to lift up prayers!
    Psalms 138:3 In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always here praying!
    Titus 3:4-7 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am thinkin' someone's birthday's coming up...have any special plans?
    Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
    Psalms 17:6-7 I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech. Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SARAH!!!! Hope you have a great day!
    Know that I'm still here praying!
    Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  8. So how was your birthday? Hope you did something special to celebrate!
    Still praying in Seattle!
    Galatians 1:3-5 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father: To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  9. Continuing to lift up prayers.
    Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  10. What comforting verses! Praying!
    Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete